Helping children and young people through key stages
For children who have suffered an injury, trauma or illness, every stage of their education is a key stage. For them to get the best out of education, see their difficulties reduced and their educational experience improved, they need to be in the right place with the right support. It is the role of the Educational Psychologist to assist in ensuring this happens.
Every child is unique, and so will be their symptoms and difficulties, which may range from mild to severe. Working alongside schools and families, and with the child themselves, Educational Psychologists who are skilled and experienced in working with children in such circumstances will carry out comprehensive assessments in the place where the child is most comfortable.
These specialist assessments may include psychometric, written and verbal tests, observations and interviews with parents, SENCOs and teachers. The EP will use the results of the assessment to advise the best school environment for the child, for example Special Needs or Mainstream, and the resources and support to which the child should have access.
The report will inform the child’s Rehabilitation Development Plan, and may also contain further recommendations around therapy, rehabilitation, how to support transition to a new school and educational development.
Giving Rehabilitation Case Managers the support they need
It can be hard to find Educational Psychologists with the skills and experience to provide assessment and rehabilitation support for children with complex difficulties or disabilities. Our large network includes professionals in all specialist areas of Educational Psychology, so we will be able to help, and often at short notice.
Our EPs are of the highest calibre, pre-vetted and are accustomed to working effectively in teams with other rehabilitation professionals including speech and language therapists and physiotherapists.
Your dedicated client manager will support you with administration, bookings, delivering high quality, clear and practical reports and arranging further support, meetings or assessments as necessary.
Our Educational Psychology services include;
- Comprehensive range of tailored, specialist educational assessments
- Report containing recommendations including;
- Type of school
- Additional support or resources needed within school or at home
- Support needed to ease transition to a new school
- Any ongoing therapy recommendations
- Delivery of ongoing therapy based on the recommendations made
- Liaison with MDT in regards to implementing strategies
- Update reports throughout rehabilitation showing any improvements the client has made and any changes in goals or recommendations.
Why Psychology Direct?
- Largest network of EPs in the UK including EPs specialising in rehabilitation
- High quality, practical reports provided within 2 weeks
- Flexibility to carry out assessments wherever the child is most comfortable
- EPs experienced in working as part of a wider therapeutic team
- Empathetic, helpful and efficient client manager available for guidance and support
- We handle all administration