Dedicated to providing expert witnesses for Prison Law cases
Fast, efficient service with the human touch
The practice of Forensic Psychology is intrinsic to prison and parole cases; with prisoner rehabilitation, re-offending risk, mental health assessment among other areas heavily dependent on the opinion, testimony and recommendations of experts and their Medico-Legal Reports. A complex area of law; public safety, consideration of victims and well-being of offenders are all affected by judgements and decisions made by probation services, parole boards and legal authorities.
For this reason, access to experienced, skilled Psychologists, able to communicate thorough, objective, evidence-based findings via high quality, clear reports and in person at hearings, is crucial to solicitors and prison authorities.
Professionals working in this challenging area of law, which can be fraught with pressure, deserve an empathetic, professional, fast, reliable and personable service when they are looking for expert Psychological assessment.
At Psychology Direct we have a register of over 1000 qualified Psychologists drawn from every specialist field of Psychology, all of whom comply with Legal Aid rates. We work fast to provide CVs within 24 hours from Psychologists with an in-depth understanding and experience of criminality and offending, and their expert legal reports within 4-6 weeks. Your dedicated client manager will offer a personal, helpful, supportive service, being there when you need them, handling all appointments and administration and proof-reading reports.
Our prison law assessment services include;
- Pre-sentencing reports
- Recommendations for parole
- Recommendation and guidance for rehabilitation
- Suitability for release
- Prison category review
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Risk assessment of reoffending
- Recommendations for intervention
- Mental health and personality disorder assessment
- Sex offender risk assessment
- Capacity assessments
- Assessments of Indeterminate Prisoners for Public Protection (IPP)
Psychology Direct – A dedicated, professional service
- Three CVs and fees of Forensic/specialist Psychologists within 24 hours
- Medico-legal reports supplied quickly – usually within 4-6 weeks
- In depth assessments include expert intervention and treatment recommendations where relevant
- All Psychologists comply with Legal Aid rates
- All reports quality-checked
- Able to meet cultural, language or geographical requirements
- Team on hand to book appointments and handle administration