At Psychology Direct, we have the solution
Supporting Children & young people and supporting you
Welcome to Our Educational Psychology Services
At Psychology Direct, we are dedicated to providing high-quality and comprehensive educational psychology services to local authorities and multi-academy trusts (MAT). Our team of experienced and highly skilled educational psychologists is committed to supporting the well-being and development of children and young people in your community. We offer a wide range of services tailored to meet the specific needs of local authorities and schools within MATs.
We are committed to supporting the profession and working in a values-based way. We have employed our own Senior Educational Psychologists to support clients and associates, offer consultative services on best practice and guidance around the educational psychology context, and also to ensure that our work more widely is completed in a reflective and ethical manner.
Assessment and Identification
- Assisting with the challenges of meeting statutory timescales and managing waiting lists.
- In person and remote options available to ensure maximum flexibility and access.
- Conducting assessments to identify specific learning difficulties, disabilities, and developmental disorders.
- Administering cognitive assessments, academic assessments, and specialized assessments to gather comprehensive information about a child’s strengths and areas of need.
- Providing in-depth analysis and reports to aid in decision-making processes for appropriate interventions and support.
Intervention and Support
- Developing and implementing individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- Collaborating with schools, teachers, and parents to create targeted strategies and interventions to address learning difficulties and promote positive outcomes.
- Supporting the implementation of evidence-based interventions, monitoring progress, and making adjustments as necessary.
- Providing counseling, therapeutic interventions, and social-emotional support to promote well-being and resilience among students.
Inclusive Education and Policy Development
- Assisting local authorities in implementing inclusive education practices that foster equal opportunities for all students.
- Providing guidance on adapting curriculum materials, instructional methods, and assessment approaches to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- Collaborating with local authorities to develop and review policies, guidelines, and procedures related to SEND.
- Advocating for the rights and needs of children and young people with SEND within the local authority’s decision-making processes.
Training and Consultation
- Delivering professional development training to school staff, educators, and other professionals on topics related to SEND, inclusive education, and effective teaching practices.
- Providing consultation services to schools and local authorities, offering expert advice and guidance on meeting the needs of students with SEND.
- Collaborating with external agencies, such as health services and social care, to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to supporting children and young people with complex needs.
Research and Evaluation
- Conducting research and evaluation studies to contribute to the development of evidence-based practices in educational psychology.
- Participating in local authority-led research initiatives to improve the understanding and implementation of effective interventions and support systems.
- Providing expertise in data analysis and evaluation to help local authorities measure the impact and effectiveness of their SEND provision.