We can make a world of difference to your case
Dedicated to providing high quality expert witnesses for Immigration and Asylum cases
For immigration and asylum lawyers, Psychologists qualified to act as expert witnesses can be invaluable, and yet hard to find. In this difficult and complex area of law, where clients may have experienced persecution, severe trauma and resulting psychological issues, assessment of psychological factors will be a key aspect of the case. This area of law touches children and families, with outcomes of cases having a major impact on lives.
Expert Psychologists must be able to make objective and non-judgemental observations to present in their reports, and occasionally orally, at a tribunal or in court. They must therefore have an excellent understanding of and experience in immigration, asylum, cultural factors and languages.
This is where at Psychology Direct we can make such a difference. The breadth of our network means we will be able to provide Psychologists with passion for, and experience in, immigration. We will also be able to meet very specific cultural or linguistic requirements, at short notice.
With asylum cases following a strict timetable, you’ll find our team of empathetic client managers indispensable as they stay on top of your case, ensuring reports are delivered on time and proof-read, as well as handling time-consuming administration.
Our Immigration and Asylum Law Expert Witness services include:
- Impact of deportation or detention on the individual and/or their family members
- Cognitive / IQ and Mental Capacity assessment
- Trauma and PTSD assessments
- Offender Risk assessment
- Assessments of victims of torture
- Attachment and parental assessment
- Assessment of sexual exploitation or assault
- Risk of domestic abuse or violence assessments
Psychology Direct – A dedicated, professional service
- CVs of appropriately qualified Psychologists and quotations within 24 hours
- Large register of Psychologists, including those with an interest and experience in immigration and asylum cases
- Able to meet specific cultural, language or geographical requirements
- All Psychologists work to Legal Aid rates
- Standard reports supplied quickly – usually within 4-6 weeks
- All reports quality-checked by our trained in-house team
- Fast track service for urgent cases