Dedicated to providing high quality expert witnesses for Criminal Law cases
Finding an expert witness shouldn’t be a trial.
The pressure that comes with criminal cases for solicitors and legal professionals, whether acting for the defence or the prosecution, is profound. With so much at stake for the defendant, victim, families and all the professionals involved in criminal proceedings, time is always of the essence. Delays and issues help no-one and can cause great distress.
When psychologists are instructed to act in criminal proceedings, their expert witness report and testimony can be key to the case, and to the provision of effective representation. Not only will you need an expert witness from the right area of Psychological specialty, but they must be skilled in communicating their findings in court, supply a high quality report in a timely manner and be willing to work for Legal Aid rates. You may also need very specific specialist knowledge, cultural awareness, language or the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Finding the right Psychologist to act as your expert witness can be time-consuming.
Thanks to our extensive network of over 1000 highly experienced and pre-vetted Psychologists, with one call to us, you will find the right Psychology expert. They will have the appropriate skills and experience, be guaranteed to work at Legal Aid rates and supply reports when required. You’ll also receive a host of added value services from advice and guidance, 100% proof-reading of reports and all administration and bookings handled by our proactive, friendly team.
Our Criminal Law Expert Witness services/assessments include:
- Mental capacity and Fitness to Plead
- Re-offending risk Assessments
- IQ and cognitive functioning
- Suggestibility and false confessions
- Witness Reliability
- Criminal responsibility
- Pre-sentencing reports
- Neuropsychological Assessments
- Mental health and personality disorder assessments
- Sex offender risk assessments
- Prison parole hearing assessments
- Assessments of Indeterminate Prisoners for Public Protection (IPP)
Psychology Direct – A dedicated, professional service
- Three CVs and fees within 24 hours
- Psychologists are trained, experienced and skilled in reporting their findings to the court
- Psychologists from all specialties, including Forensic, Neuro, Clinical and Educational available from our national register of over 1000 vetted professionals
- All Psychologists work to Legal Aid rates
- Standard expert witness reports usually supplied within 4-6 weeks
- All reports proof-read by our in-house team
- Able to meet cultural, language or geographical requirements
- Team on hand to book appointments and handle case management
- Fast track service for urgent cases