It’s a long road for your clients, but we can help
For case managers and solicitors looking to secure the right care packages and rehabilitation plans for their clients, having highly qualified support is crucial.
Following a brain injury, the impact on the client and their family can be truly devastating and catastrophic. With long term effects likely on mental and physical health, memory, emotions, executive functioning, personality and behaviour, survivors of major brain injury are likely to require highly tailored long term support.
For all involved, it’s a life-changing event. The client may struggle to come to terms with their new life and the adjustments that need to be made. For their loved ones, they may be grieving the loss of the person they once knew and must adjust to the challenges presented by the impact of the brain injury.
Neuropsychologists are specialists in supporting people following a brain injury. It’s a complex area, with effects often evolving and not revealing themselves for some time after the event. Our Neuropsychologists will have the training and qualifications to enable them to perform specialist, detailed assessments and work closely with the family and multi-disciplinary team to establish what the impact on your client has been and the support and resources they are going to need in the future.
This may include psychometric tests to identify specific difficulties, ongoing therapy sessions to manage mental health issues, strategies to assist the client and family members. Our detailed Neuropsychology reports feature outcomes of tests, clinical observations and practical recommendations to assist you in putting in place the right rehabilitation package for your client.
Treating you with dedication and professionalism
Given the highly qualified nature of Neuropsychologists, they are in relatively short supply. But at Psychology Direct, with our extensive network of over 1000 psychologists across all specialties, we will be able to provide a professional with the right qualifications and experience. Our Neuropsychologists are skilled in working with families, and as part of multi-disciplinary medical and therapeutic teams. They will build a relationship with you and the client as they deliver continuing care, supporting your client through their rehabilitation.
Your dedicated client manager will also be on hand, giving advice where needed, taking care of all administration, and ensuring high quality reports are with you in a timely manner.
Our Neuropsychology services include;
- A comprehensive assessment and report containing;
- Background of the client
- Exploration of clients presenting issues and their goals
- Overview of Assessment and Psychometric tests
- Recommendations on how to support the client and ways to implement them
- Delivery of ongoing therapy based on the recommendations made
- Liaison with MDT in regards to implementing strategies
- Update reports throughout treatment showing any improvements the client has made and any changes in goals or recommendations.
Why Psychology Direct?
- Direct access to highly qualified Neuropsychologists across the UK
- Comprehensive reports and practical recommendations provided within 2 weeks
- Seamless, with the Neuropsychologist carrying out the assessment and ongoing therapy when appropriate
- Neuropsychologists experienced in working with multidisciplinary teams
- Supported by a dedicated client manager, who will reliably and efficiently handle administration and provide additional guidance and support